The Archdiocese of Omaha has decided to replace the annual Catholic Campaign for Human Development collection with an annual collection for Catholic Charities of Omaha. This collection will be taken on November 22nd this year.
Over the last 9 months, Catholic Charities has been on the front lines of the COVID-19 crisis meeting the needs of our brothers and sisters facing food insecurity, isolation, violence, and other challenges.
Catholic Charities has 6 core programs:
· Behavioral Health Services which currently serves individuals and families seeking Catholic counseling services.
· Domestic Violence Services which includes a shelter, hotline and ongoing support.
· Emergency and Supportive Food Services including 2 food pantries, home delivery to seniors, and more.
· Micro-Business and Asset Development Program which helps entrepreneurs to start their own business raising individuals, families and communities out of poverty.
· Immigration and Legal Services
· Family Strengthening
In our Archdiocese, we seek to continually encounter Jesus and share His mercy with others. Please offer your support to Catholic Charities as they continue to share the love of Christ through the corporal works of mercy throughout our local community.